Now we know it’s not even remotely December yet but with the Manchester Christmas markets opening this weekend we are feeling all festive and could not resist making our first batch of mulled wine!
Here at GRV HQ we have been experimenting to create the most amazing tasting mulled wine … ever! and instead of keeping our recipe to ourselves we felt it only fair to share with all you lovely people 🙂 so below is our tried and tested Gypsy Rose Vintage mulled wine,
1 Bottle of red wine (any will do!)
1 Cinnamon stick
2 Star Anise
1 Whole nutmeg
2 Bay leaves
1 Jar of black cherries in syrup
1 Vanilla pod
100g Demerara sugar
Squirt of Honey
Splash of Elderflower cordial
Splash of vodka (depends how alcoholic you want it)
- Slice the lemon and orange into thin slices, cut the vanilla pod in half and remove the seeds and grate the nutmeg.
- Then put all of the ingredients (apart from the Vodka) into a saucepan or if you have one a slow cooker works well.
- Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Taste to see if you want the wine sweeter, and add more sugar to taste.
- Off the heat, stir in the vodka.
- Strain into heatproof glasses and serve at immediately.